100% Off Udemy Course Coupon Code Simple and Advanced Topics of Animating 2D Characters Course Free: A comprehensive and easy to learn guide to make 2D bone-based characters from scratch. Udemy free online courses with certificates. Making a 2D platformer game is a nice way to start learning about Unity game development. In this course you will learn how to create so-called “bone-based” 2D characters – characters that are made out of separate body parts. The material in this course is divided into 3 sections. Section 1 features a short introduction to the course.
Learn Simple and Advanced Topics of Animating 2D Characters Free with Udemy Courses
In Section 2 we will focus on making a simple bone-based character from scratch. We`ll go through the whole process of character creation from setting up an empty Unity project and importing sprite sheets with art to assembling a bone-based character the right way and animating it using Unity`s built-in mechanism animation system. By the end of this section, we`ll have a simple bone-based character that can walk and jump on our improvised level.
Get Online Courses For Free Direct on Telegram
- Create custom bone-based animated characters in Unity 3d
Work with sprite sheets in Unity. We’ll cover importing, slicing, and setting up the pivot points.
- Assemble bone-based 2D characters, organize all the body parts in Hierarchy and prepare for animating.
- Create Idle, Walk and Jump animations for your character. We’ll make a Jump animation with an interesting technique that involves Blend Trees.
- Configure transitions between animations in the Animator component.
- Write a simple controller script that will let our character move on the level and jump.
- Use ScriptableObject assets to store outfits of your character.
- Apply outfits from your custom-made assets to your character changing the way he looks.
- This course is very beginner-friendly. We spend most of the time working in Unity Editor. All the scripts that are used in the course are pre-made and explained line by line in lectures. We do not use any paid assets, all the art is free and allowed for commercial use. You will get access to a couple of projects that I’ve saved during development as well as the final project with all the advanced features.
- You should install the latest version of Unity3D to work on this course and open example projects that are provided with this course (the final project was saved in Unity 5.5.1f1).